Writer / Journalist
Cornerstone Design & Marketing is on the look-out for a highly motivated and experienced writer or journalist to join our growing agency.
This is a varied writing, PR and communications role serving diverse clients across commercial business, public sector and charitable sectors.
Known for our passion for the industry, ability to achieve the ‘impossible’ and provide outstanding work, client satisfaction and results, our agency is looking to recruit a professional who is a strong writer and content creator, an excellent people person and up for taking on new and demanding challenges.
The role will include writing news, press releases, case studies, website page content, blogs and white papers. Our writers create content used across digital and print media, campaigns and packaging. They maintain outstanding levels of attention to detail for clients and their campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience within a writing, journalism, media, marketing, agency or public relations role. Experience or an interest in writing about business, industry, manufacturing and property would be desirable. The candidate will be looking to develop their career in a growing agency, be a strong and confident writer and communicator, and be passionate about news, the media and communications.
- Write accurate, clear and concise copy for a variety of press releases, news, website blogs, case studies and other forms of written content.
- Ability to write short and long, in-depth copy, relevant to campaign objectives.
- Ability to build good, trusted relationships with local, regional and national media and our clients.
- Supply press releases, features and copy-call content and respond to news opportunities and media requests.
- Strong organisation and timekeeping skills.
- Be a creative writer with the ability to think differently about client briefings and campaigns.
- Understand the importance of different writing styles and tone-of-voice in written content and alignment with brands and positioning.
- Be a storyteller, with an ability to make content engaging to target audiences.
- A strong communicator, both verbally and written, able to articulate requirements, outcomes and goals succinctly and effectively.
- Writing of varied copy for clients across different industries, using a range platforms and channels.
- Press release writing and building relationships with media and journalists.
- Creating PR strategies – taking a brief and forming a media strategy that meets client objectives.
- Making media recommendations and placements.
- PR reporting and summaries.
- Self-managing our copywriting, communications and PR-related activities and advising clients.
Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary between £25,000 – £30,000
- Healthcare insurance
- Annual bonus
- Part remote working available (2-4 days remote per week)
- In house gym